Green Ideas will headline the ACE Monthly Task Force Meeting on Thursday, August 4, 2016. The meeting will be held at the Phoenix Airport Marriot (1101 N. 44th Street, Phoenix, AZ 85008) from 7:00am-9:30am.
Presentation Title: “Bridging the Gap between Design and Construction”
The design and construction industry is at a tipping point. Technology is readily available, and building design, construction, and operation data is abundant. The question now becomes, “How do we integrate technology into our processes to enhance project delivery?” By utilizing a multi-year case study as a reference point, this presentation will address the importance of re-thinking current processes to incorporate the use of accurate geometry and correlated data at multiple points throughout the design and construction lifecycle. The presenters will challenge the notion that information is proprietary to a single company and discuss the drawbacks of simply interjecting technological solutions into an existing workflow. The presentation will utilize a current case study to discuss the issues surrounding Building Information Modeling (BIM), and its future application to the design and construction industry.
• Understand the transition from 2D to 3D workflows (BIM)
• Learn the importance of BIM to various project stakeholders
• Identify different types of information needs and requirements
• Realize how technology adoption and modeling execution is changing the industry
• Review the current state of modeling time utilization rates (measured within a case-study environment)
• Identify opportunities for enhancing your AEC business deliverables
Please visit the Alliance for Construction Excellence website to register. Feel free to contact us directly with any questions. We look forward to seeing you at the event!
This entry was posted in Press